Animal Care Attendant
Animal Care Attendants are responsible for the daily care of the animals waiting for adoption. Main duties include cleaning, feeding, and basic care and enrichment of the animals as well as providing excellent customer service to the general public and volunteers. The ideal candidate has excellent interpersonal skills, is highly motivated, organized and detail-oriented, and likes working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. The ability to juggle multiple demands and work collaboratively is critical. Candidates should feel comfortable driving a cargo van.
Schedule is twenty four hours weekly with opportunity to grow. Candidates must be able to work a flexible shift to include some weekends and holidays. This position requires the ability to life at least 50 pounds to a level of at least 4 feet high and have the ability to work continually in a fast-paced environment for an eight-hour day.
This position requires:
- Experience handling all types of animals
- Basic computer skills
- A valid and unrestricted driver’s license and be able to obtain coverage under organization’s insurance carrier
- Ability to multi-task and work on own initiative
- Ability to meet deadlines and balance multiple projects
- Ability to maintain composure and professional conduct during stressful situations
Candidates must have a valid NC driver’s license and be willing to undergo a background check. Apply here