- Our Adoption Center’s lobby is open during normal business hours.
- We are currently processing adoptions by appointment only. Walk-ins will be accommodated if staffing & time allows.
- Since many animals are in foster homes, having an appointment ensures the animal is on-site at the time of your visit. Operating by appointment only also limits the number of visitors walking through our kennel areas which greatly reduces the levels of stress for animals in our care.
- We request that all visitors follow current CDC recommendations regarding mask use.
- If you are interested in an animal, please complete the adoption application next to the pet’s photo on our website.
- An Adoption Counselor will contact you during business hours to discuss what you are looking for in your next family member.
- If you don’t see your perfect match, please fill out the pet request form or visit our Home to Home page.
What is included in the adoption fee?
- Spay or neuter surgery
- Age-appropriate vaccinations
- Free exam by a participating veterinarian
- Heartworm test (dogs over 6 months)
- Current heartworm preventative
- Feline leukemia and FIV test (cats and kittens)
- One month of pet insurance offered by PetFirst
- Starter bag of food
- On-call training advice from our Behavior & Training Manager
What do I need in order to bring my new pet home?
- All animals are required to have an ID tag when going home. We can provide one for you for $8 or you can bring your own (include your name, address, and phone number).
- All cats are required to have a breakaway or training collar when going home. You can purchase one at the time of adoption for $3.50.
- A carrier is required to take home your new cat. Dogs require a collar and leash to go home. Collars and leashes are available for purchase if needed.
Cats – $25
Dogs – $100
Adoption Discounts Available
- Two Week Discount: Animals that have been waiting at the adoption center for over two weeks have a discounted adoption fee as low as $5 and up to $50.
- Seniors for Seniors: Waived adoption fees for seniors 65+ who adopt a pet aged 7+ years.
- Veteran Discount: Waived adoption fees for veterans with proof of service.