With support from Henderson County, Blue Ridge Humane Society offers low-cost spay-neuter as part of our Spay-Neuter Incentive Program or SNIP.
Demand for spaying/neutering is at an all-time high, with limited available surgery slots. Please check out the additional resources that offer low-cost spay-neuter services for pets in our area. We encourage pet owners to contact the below organizations for price and appointment booking details.
As appointment slots become available, this site will be updated with a link to complete a form. Appointments will be scheduled on a first-come, first-served basis.
To schedule an appointment, you MUST verify you are a Henderson County resident. Once all appointments have been booked, links to the form will be removed.
- If you are a resident of Henderson County and need to get your MALE OR FEMALE CAT spayed or neutered, All surgery slots are full. Please check out other low-cost options at the bottom of this page. Check back for open slots.
- If you are a resident of Henderson County and need to get your MALE DOG neutered, All surgery slots are full. Please check out other low-cost options at the bottom of this page. Check back for open slots.
- If you are a resident of Henderson County and/or need to get a FEMALE DOG spayed, please complete this form and then send us your residency verification. FEMALE DOG FORM. If your dog is overweight, brachycephalic, or has other medical issues please call us at 828-698-4481 and do not complete the form.
Pet owners must be residents of Henderson County in order to get their animals spayed or neutered through SNIP. When requesting your appointment with BRHS, pet owners must provide one of the following documents to verify residency:
- NC Driver’s License or ID Card
- Utility Bill
- Benefits Statement from Social Security
- Military Benefit Statement
- Real Estate Tax Statement
- SSA-Retirement, Survivors and Disability Income-Notice of Award letter
- Medicaid ID Card
- Bank Statement
Please Note: A document indicating a post office box within the County will not be adequate proof of residency.
BRHS transports animals to one of our medical partners for their surgery. Drop-off and pick-up info will be shared when your appointment is booked. The $10 (non-refundable) fee must be paid when the surgery appointment is made. This fee includes payment for the surgery as well as a rabies vaccination.
These other services are offered at an additional cost:
- Surgery & Rabies: $10 (It is a state law that your pet be up-to-date on the rabies vaccine. Unless you have proof of a current rabies vaccine, one will be administered at the time of surgery.)
- Microchip: $10
- E-Collar: $3
- Kennel Cough: $10
- Canine Distemper: $10
- Feline Distemper: $10
- Recovery Cone Collar: $10
- PetHub ID Tag: $10
On the day of the appointment, you must be able to drop off your pet in the morning. Drop-off and pick-up times and locations vary based on your scheduled appointment. You will receive this info as part of your appointment booking.
Other Spay/Neuter Options Available
|Organization||Location||Contact||Restricted to County Residents?|
|Animal Allies||Spartanburg, SC||(864) 576-6971||NO|
|Brother Wolf Fido Fixers||Buncombe, Burke, Transylvania||Click here for Appointment||NO|
|ASPCA SpayNeuter Alliance (ASNA)||Asheville, NC||(855) 434-9285||NO|
|Open Door Veterinary Care||Asheville, NC||(828) 417-7768||NO|
|Greenvile County Animal Care||Greenville, SC||(864) 467-7739||NO|
|Greenvile County Humane Society||Greenville, SC||Click here for Appointment||NO|
|Burnsville Veterinary Clinic||Yancey, NC||(828) 682-2100||NO|
|Animal Hospital of Marion||Marion, SC||(828) 724-4774||NO|
|Foothills Humane Society||Polk, NC||(828) 863-4444||YES|
|Haywood Spay and Neuter||Waynesville, NC||(828) 452-1329||YES|
|Friends of Madison County Animals||Madison, NC||(828) 649-9798||YES|
|Gaston Low-Cost Spay/Neuter Clinic||Gastonia, NC||(704) 868-4673||NO|
|Humane Society of Buncombe County||(828) email@example.com|
|Sister Kitten||(828) firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Paws, Prayers, & Promises (P3)||(828) email@example.com|