3rd Annual Barkyard Parties
September 16-18, 2022, Anytime, Anywhere!
Barkyard Parties are individualized celebrations of animal rescue, adoption, and animal welfare programs, that raise awareness and funds for Blue Ridge Humane Society. The events and parties can take place anytime and anywhere over the weekend of September 16-18, 2022!
2022 Barkyard Parties:
- BRHS Thrift Store (Sept. 16-17th) – Everything in the store will be 65% off Friday and Saturday – no limits! The store will also have a raffle for $5 per ticket. 100% of proceeds benefit BRHS.
- BRHS Adoption Center (Sept. 16-17th) – Accepting donations for enrichment program! People who donate slow feeders, KONG Wobblers or Licky mats will receive a $20 adoption gift certificate. Gift certificates can be used to put towards an adoption, or donated to a friend or family member. Gift certificates will only last 6 months.
- Appalachian Coffee Company (Sept. 16th – 10am until 11am) – Yappy Hour! Bring your dog (outside seating only) to enjoy puppucinos and house dog treats. 15% of sales during this time will be donated to BRHS.
- Barkers Anonymous (Sept. 18th) – Pet Photoshoot with Kathy Wolfe, a percentage of the proceeds are being donated to BRHS. Limited spaces call (828) 513-1131 to reserve your spot. Barkers Anonymous will also be raffling off amazing training class and private lesson packages all week long!
- Blue Door Bottleshop & Beer Hall (Sept. 16-18th) – $1 from every draft sold this weekend will be donated to BRHS. Dogs are welcome!
- Blue Ridge Community College (Sept. 17th – 10am until 2pm) – Hard 2 Recycle Event at Blue Ridge Community College
- Bold Rock Mills River Cidery (Sept. 17th – 2pm until 5pm) – $1 of every cider sold will be donated to BRHS. Dogs are welcome inside the tasting room and outside.
- Champion Comfort Experts (all month long) – Collecting monetary & pet supply donations for September in honor of Barkyard.
- Crank Coffee + Fuel (Sept. 16-18th) – 10% of sales from specialty vegan pastries from Back Porch Baking Co will be donated to BRHS.
- Crate Wine Market & Project (Sept. 16-17th) – $5 from every “Crate Sixer” will be donated to BRHS.
- Dog in Suds Grooming & Doggy Daycare (all month long) – Collecting monetary & pet supply donations for September in honor of Barkyard.
- Dry Falls Brewing Company (Sept. 17th – 12pm until 6pm) – $1 from every pint sold will be donated to BRHS.
- Etowah Farmer’s Market (September 21st – 3pm until 6pm) – Barkyard Party Fundraiser by Lynn Clark. $15 Apple Crisp Kit includes Holt Orchards Almost Famous Apple Crisp Mix, Holt Orchards locally grown apples, and a pan for baking. Just add butter! Profits benefit BRHS.
- Guidon Brewing Company (Sept. 13-16th) – Will be hosting one raffle per day with ticket proceeds benefitting BRHS. Customers will not need to be present to win. Prizes will include pet gift baskets and dog treats!
- Harvey’s at the Henderson (Sept. 18th – 10am until 1pm) – Barking Brunch – A percentage of all sales from the Barking Brunch will be donated to BRHS. Reservations required. (828) 696-2001. The event is dog friendly on the patio.
- HenDough (Sept. 16th) – On Friday, 10% of sales donated to BRHS.
- Hendersonville Community Co-Op (all month long) – Collecting pet supply donations for September in honor of Barkyard Parties.
- Hendersonville Veterinary Hospital (all month long) – Collecting monetary & pet supply donations for September in honor of Barkyard Parties.
- Ilio Canine Care (Sept. 17th – 2-5pm) – “Apple of My Eye” James Lyon from Ilio Canine Care will be at Bold Rock with dog training demonstrations and discussions on finding the right pet for your family. Donations will be accepted to benefit BRHS.
- K’s NY Pizza & SoFlo Food (Sept. 16-18th) – Customers who bring a pet supply donation will receive 10% off their bill. They’ll also be having a raffle for $1 per ticket, with all proceeds benefitting BRHS.
- Marked Tree Vineyard (Sept. 16-18th) – $1 from every glass of rosé sold. Dogs are welcome outside on the patio.
- Mills River Brewing Company (Sept. 16-17th – Friday 4pm until closing and all day Saturday) – 10% of beer sales will be donated to BRHS.
- Mills River Farm Market (Sept. 17th – 8am until 12pm) – Barkyard Party Fundraiser by Lynn Clark. $15 Apple Crisp Kit includes Holt Orchards Almost Famous Apple Crisp Mix, Holt Orchards locally grown apples, a pan for baking. Just add butter! Profits benefit BRHS.
- Mills River Presbyterian Church (Sept. 24th starting at 10am) – Annual Blessing of the Pets located on the front lawn of the church. Bring your dogs, cats, and other pets!
- Oklawaha Brewing Company (Sept. 18th) – 20% of sales from the day will be donated to BRHS.
- Purple Onion (Sept. 16th – 11am until 3pm) – Doggy Lunch – 10% of sales during this time will be donated back to BRHS, and their patio is dog friendly.
- Raye Hair Artistry (all month long) – Collecting monetary & pet supply donations for September in honor of Barkyard.
- Raymond’s Garden Center (Sept. 17th) – 10% of sales will be donated to BRHS on Saturday. They’ll also be holding a raffle with proceeds benefitting BRHS.
- RE/MAX Four Seasons Realty (all month long) – Collecting monetary & pet supply donations for September in honor of Barkyard. Donations can be made at their office at 1819 Asheville Hwy., Hendersonville, NC.
- Saluda Outfitters & Green River Eddy’s Tap Room & Grill (Sept. 12-18th) – Collecting monetary & pet supply donations the entire week in honor of Barkyard Party weekend. 10% of drinks special sales from Sept. 16-18th will be donated to BRHS. Dogs are welcome on the deck at Green River Eddy’s!
- Salty Landing (Sept. 16-18th) – $1 of every craft beer sold this weekend will be donated to BRHS.
- Souther Williams Vineyard (Sept. 16-18th) – Canines that Wine Weekend! 10% of rosé sales will be donated to BRHS during the entire weekend. Dogs are welcome!
- Southern Appalachian Brewery (Sept. 24th – races start at 3pm) – Annual Dachshund Races sponsored by Southern Appalachian Brewery & WAG! A Unique Pet Boutique to benefit BRHS. $20 per dog (includes one human admission to Oktoberfest).
- Stone Ashe Vineyard (Sept. 16-18th) – $1 from every bottle of wine sold will be donated to BRHS the entire weekend. They’ll also collect pet food donations and sell homemade dog cookies with a suggested donation of $3, with proceeds going to BRHS. Dogs are welcome outside!
- Surf N Brew Oyster Bar (Sept. 16-18th) – $1 of every craft beer sold this weekend will be donated to BRHS
- The Baker’s Box (Sept. 17th – 10:30am until 8pm) – Dine with Fido on the Patio! The Baker’s Box will feature a $6 meal of 2 “Krypto” dogs with chips. All proceeds from this meal will be donated to BRHS. A condiment bar will be available.
- The Brandy Bar & Cocktails (Sept. 17th – 2pm until 7pm) – Yappy Hour! Dogs are welcome and 20% of sales will be donated to BRHS!
- The Kingmakers’ Draft (Sept. 18th – 12pm until 6pm) – 10% of sales will be donated to BRHS. They’ll also be holding a raffle!
- The S.P.O.T. (Sept. 16-17th – 12pm until 8pm) – A fun Barkarita party with a doggy photo booth, puptails, margaritas and tacos. Enjoy SPOTed Dog Margarita with all proceeds going to BRHS, and your pup can enjoy a free watermelon puptail with a donation of dog food, cat food, or cash donation to BRHS.
- Tribal Trends (Sept. 17th – 10:30am until 6pm) – 10% of sales all day Saturday will be donated to BRHS.
- Two Trees Distilling Company (Sept. 16-18th) – We will be holding a pet supply drive all weekend! Lobster Dogs food truck will be onsite Friday from 3pm-8pm, and Birria Family Tacos will be onsite Saturday from 12pm-8pm. The distillery will also be open on Sunday from 12pm-4pm for tastings!
- Whit’s Frozen Custard (Sept. 16-18th) – Hosting a pet supply donation drive all weekend. Bring in a donation and receive $1 off any human treat. They will also have $1 doggy sundaes (vanilla custard topped with a Milkbone treat).
- White Duck Taco (Sept. 17th) – 10% of sales will be donated to BRHS all day on Saturday!
- Wild Birds Unlimited (Sept. 16-17th) – 15% of sales on Friday and Saturday will be donated to BRHS. In addition, they will be holding a raffle where a donation of any amount to BRHS enters you into a drawing for a $100 WBU gift card.
- Wine Sage & Gourmet (Sept. 17th – 1pm until 5pm) – 10% of sales for the day donated to BRHS; food will be served; $5 raffle to win wine and gift cards to local businesses.
How it Works:
Sign up to host your own remote Barkyard Party. Your event can be in the format you desire: a sit-down formal event, potluck, block party, bar, brunch, raffle, pint night, themed event, pet-friendly, kid-free, kid-friendly, etc. Team up with a friend to co-host or use a central location such as your favorite restaurant or community clubhouse. Then invite your friends to join you in honor of Blue Ridge Humane and raise funds that allow us to continue our critical work. Area businesses are encouraged to participate by donating a percentage of sales during the weekend, hosting a pet supply donation drive, or creating a party with activities, contests, or raffles to benefit Blue Ridge Humane Society.
Can businesses participate? YES, PLEASE! If you own a business and want to throw a Barkyard Party in honor of BRHS, please do! Once again, you can host it however you want! Host a raffle, donate a percentage of sales, have a theme night or ticketed show, or just help raise awareness among your patrons that evening and collect donations!
Who can host? Anyone can host or plan an event to benefit BRHS! If you would like to donate “in lieu of” your gift is also appreciated!
What are my expectations as a host?
- Sign up to “register” your remote Barkyard Party as part of our 2022 events and to receive your official host media kit
- Create your guest list and invite them to learn more about Blue Ridge Humane and consider a donation to support our life-saving work.
- Host your party September 16-18 with your chosen theme, menu, location, or attendance that you are comfortable with!
- Share the Blue Ridge Humane information we will provide and ask your guests to consider making a donation to Blue Ridge Humane.
- Have fun and be as creative with your event as you like!
How is this a fundraiser? We ask that hosts share the work that Blue Ridge Humane is doing in the community with their guests and that guests make a donation in lieu of purchasing a traditional event ticket.
Who can I invite? Anyone you like! Invite your pet-loving friends, family, or neighbors to learn about Blue Ridge Humane and support us this year.
Can I team up with someone to host? Of course! You can co-host, use an alternative location, and make your event exactly what you are comfortable with!
What is provided for hosts?
- Talking points and facts about Blue Ridge Humane
- Invitation wording templates for use if you choose
- Donation collection materials
- BRHS staff to answer your questions and offer advice and support
Are hosts responsible for the full cost? You can be or make it a potluck, have only dessert, wine or coffee, etc. All options are open, depending on your personal preferences.
I’m not comfortable hosting or attending an event, how else can I support Blue Ridge Humane? Pledge to support Blue Ridge Humane at $250 or above! If you want to encourage your friends to support BRHS, we will provide you with those materials to mail or distribute in other ways.
Interested in Barkyard Party sponsorship? Your tax-deductible contribution will not only identify you as a community-minded business but will benefit animals in need. Contact Laresa Griffin to find out how you can get involved.
Thank You to Our Generous Sponsors