The Blue Ridge Humane Barkyard Parties are Back!
September 15-18, 2022, Anytime, Anywhere!
Barkyard Parties are individualized celebrations of animal rescue, adoption, and animal welfare programs, that raise awareness and funds for Blue Ridge Humane Society. The events and parties can take place anytime and anywhere over the weekend of September 15-18, 2022!
How it works:
Sign up to host your own remote Barkyard Party. Your event can be in the format you desire: a sit-down formal event, potluck, block party, bar, brunch, raffle, pint night, themed event, pet-friendly, kid-free, kid-friendly, etc. Team up with a friend to co-host or use a central location such as your favorite restaurant or community clubhouse. Then invite your friends to join you in honor of Blue Ridge Humane and raising funds that allow us to continue our critical work. Stay tuned for more surprises, prizes, and fun all weekend brought to you by special Blue Ridge Humane Society guests and staff!
2022 Barkyard Parties:
Check back for event listings!
Who can host? Anyone can host or plan an event to benefit BRHS! If you would like to make a donation “in lieu of” your gift is appreciated as well!
What are my expectations as a host?
- Sign up to “register” your remote Barkyard Party as part of our 2022 events and to receive your exclusive host treat basket to enjoy with your guests (or save for yourself 😉)
- Create your guest list and invite them to learn more about Blue Ridge Humane and consider a donation to support our life-saving work.
- Host your party September 15-18 with your chosen theme, menu, location, or attendance that you are comfortable with!
- Share the Blue Ridge Humane information we will provide and ask your guests to consider making a donation to Blue Ridge Humane.
- Hosts and co-hosts will be eligible for surprise giveaways and prizes the weekend of the parties.
- Have fun and be as creative with your event as you like!
How is this a fundraiser? We ask that hosts share the work that Blue Ridge Humane is doing in the community with their guests, and that guests make a donation in lieu of purchasing a traditional event ticket.
Who can I invite? Anyone you like! Invite your pet loving friends, family, or neighbors to learn about Blue Ridge Humane and support us this year.
Can I team up with someone to host? Of course! You can co-host, use an alternative location, and make your event exactly what you are comfortable with!
What is provided for hosts?
- Special host basket with treats and local goodies, acknowledgment in our newsletter and other promotions, and entry into our event prize drawings
- Talking points and facts about Blue Ridge Humane
- Invitation wording templates for use if you choose
- Donation collection materials
- BRHS staff to answer your questions and offer advice and support
Are hosts responsible for the full cost? You can be or you can make it a potluck, have only dessert and wine or coffee, etc. All options are open, depending on your personal preferences.
I’m not comfortable hosting or attending an event, how else can I support Blue Ridge Humane? Pledge to support Blue Ridge Humane at the $250 or above amount and receive the same host gift and acknowledgement! If you want to encourage your friends to support BRHS as well we will provide you with those materials to mail or distribute in other ways.
You can also support with a donation to Blue Ridge Humane in lieu of hosting. If you still want to gather with friends, consider using a central location like a restaurant, brewery, or community clubhouse if you don’t want to host at home.
Can businesses participate? Of course! If you own a business and want to throw a Barkyard Party in honor of BRHS, please do! Once again, you can host it however you want! Host a raffle, donate a percentage of sales, have a theme night or ticketed show, or just help raise awareness among your patrons that evening and collect donations!
Interested in Barkyard Party sponsorship? Your tax-deductible contribution will not only identify you as a community-minded business but will benefit animals in need. Contact Laresa Griffin to find out how you can get involved.