We believe that no matter the life circumstances, a pet who is in a loving home should stay in that home for as long as possible.
Blue Ridge Humane Society has partnered with local food banks helping them to supply litter, pet food, or treats to their clients. By making pet food more accessible, it is our hope that members of our community will no longer have to worry about feeding their furry family members.
Attend one of our monthly free pet food giveaways or reach out to one of our community partners below.
Blue Ridge Humane Society Giveaways
- 2nd Monday of the month: 3:00 PM – 5:00 PM, BRHS Warehouse, 802 S Grove Street, Hendersonville, NC.
- 4th Saturday of the month: 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM, Boys & Girls Club of Henderson County, 1304 Ashe Street, Hendersonville, NC
- In Partnership with IAM – Call IAM at (828) 697-7029 for schedule changes. 1st Wednesday of the month: 3:30 PM – 5:00 PM, IAM‘s Giveaway at Lipman Produce, 2123 Ridge Road, Hendersonville 28792
- In Partnership with MANNA – Call MANNA at (828) 299-3663 for schedule changes. 1st Wednesday of the month: 11:30 AM – 1:00 PM, MANNA‘s Giveaway at Jackson Park, 801 4th Ave East, Hendersonville, NC 28792
- In Partnership with IAM – Call IAM at (828) 697-7029 for schedule changes. 3rd Wednesday of the month: 3:30 PM – 5:00 PM, IAM‘s Giveaway at Mills River United Methodist Church, 136 Old Turnpike Road, Mills River, NC 28759
Times and locations may vary depending on the weather and holidays.
Please contact one of the organizations listed below directly if you are seeking food assistance.
Fishes & Loaves, Etowah United Methodist Church
110 Brickyard Road, Etowah NC 28729
Saturday, 8:00 AM – 11:00 AM
Hickory Nut Gorge Community Outreach
2594 Memorial Hwy, Lake Lure, NC 28746
Mon, Thu & Fri, 10:00 AM – 3:00 PM
Interfaith Assistance Ministry
310 Freeman Street, Hendersonville, NC 28793
Mon – Fri, 9:00 AM- 4:00 PM
The Salvation Army
239 3rd Avenue East, Hendersonville, NC 28792
1049 Spartanburg Hwy, Hendersonville NC 28792
Wednesday – Friday 9:00 AM – 2:00 PM
Council on Aging of Henderson County, Meals on Wheels
105 King Creek Boulevard, Hendersonville NC 28792
Are you interested in contributing? Visit our Wish List. Then drop off your donation during operating hours at our Adoption Center or Thrift Store.