Volunteers are an essential part of the Blue Ridge Humane Society family.
Our Volunteer Program offers a wide variety of opportunities to use unique talents and skills to enhance the quality of life for animals in Henderson County.
We love to see families and friends volunteering together! We welcome volunteers ages 7 and up for some of our volunteer roles. Volunteers ages 16 and under must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian who has also completed the appropriate volunteer training.
Still wondering whether you should give volunteering a try? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Please note, we do not fulfill pre-trial intervention community service hours.
How to Volunteer at the Blue Ridge Humane Society
- Improve the quality of living for animals in Henderson County.
- Make a difference in their community through our community programs like our Spay/Neuter Incentive Program and Meals on Wheels Pet Pals.
- Provide support for all departments and serve on our board and committees.
- Help raise crucial funds in our Thrift Store.
It’s easy to get started!
- Fill out the Volunteer Application.
- Attend a Virtual Volunteer Information Session to learn more about Blue Ridge Humane Society and current volunteer opportunities.
- Pick a Volunteer Assignment! Decide what volunteer position works best for you! Some assignments can get started right away and some require prior orientation and training such as animal handling training that you can get started on.
- Start Volunteering! Get started in your position. Our volunteers make a huge impact in Henderson County to ensure both pets and their people are happy, healthy, and thriving. We wouldn’t be able to accomplish all we do without them.
Become a Volunteer!
Are you interested in joining our phenomenal community of hardworking volunteers?
Get started by filling out an application.
Already a Volunteer?
Login to access your Volunteer Information Center (VIC) account.