What is included in the adoption fee?
- Spay or neuter surgery
- Age-appropriate vaccinations
- Free exam by a participating veterinarian
- Heartworm test (dogs over 6 months)
- Current heartworm preventative
- Feline leukemia and FIV test (cats and kittens)
- One month of pet insurance offered by PetFirst
- Starter bag of food
- On-call training advice from our Behavior & Training Manager
What do I need in order to bring my new pet home?
- All animals are required to have an ID tag when going home. We can provide one for you for $8 or you can bring your own (include your name, address, and phone number).
- All cats are required to have a breakaway or training collar when going home. You can purchase one at the time of adoption for $3.50.
- A carrier is required to take home your new cat. Dogs require a collar and leash to go home. Collars and leashes are available for purchase if needed.
Cats – $25
Dogs – $100
Adoption Discounts Available
- Two Week Discount: Animals that have been waiting at the adoption center for over two weeks have a discounted adoption fee as low as $5 and up to $50.
- Seniors for Seniors: Waived adoption fees for seniors 65+ who adopt a pet aged 7+ years.
- Veteran Discount: Waived adoption fees for veterans with proof of service.