With support from the City of Hendersonville and with support and collaboration from Henderson County, Blue Ridge Humane Society is able to offer low-cost spay-neuter as part of our Spay-Neuter Incentive Program or SNIP.
Pet owners must be residents of Henderson County in order to get their animals spayed or neutered through SNIP. When requesting your appointment, pet owners must provide one of the following documents to verify residency:
- NC Driver’s License or ID Card
- Utility Bill
- Benefits Statement from Social Security
- Military Benefit Statement
- Real Estate Tax Statement
- SSA-Retirement, Survivors and Disability Income-Notice of Award letter
- Medicaid ID Card
- Bank Statement
Please Note: A document indicating a post office box within the County will not be adequate proof of residency.
To begin, complete the Appointment Request Form. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we are experiencing a long wait list for surgeries at this time.
Animals are transported by BRHS to one of our medical partners for their surgery. Drop-off and pick-up info will be shared when your appointment is booked. The $10 (non-refundable) fee must be paid when the surgery appointment is made. This fee includes payment for the surgery as well as a rabies vaccination.
These other services are offered at an additional cost:
- Surgery & Rabies: $10 (It is state law that your pet be up-to-date on the rabies vaccine. Unless you have proof of a current rabies vaccine, one will be administered at the time of surgery.)
- Microchip: $5-$15
- Kennel Cough: $10-$15
- Canine Distemper: $10
- Feline Distemper: $10
On the day of the appointment, you must be able to drop-off your pet in the morning. Drop-off and pick-up times and locations vary based on your scheduled appointment, you will receive this info as part of your appointment booking.