We are deeply grateful for the swift and diligent work of local fire departments, including Edneyville Fire & Rescue and Henderson County Emergency Management, many of whom are dedicated volunteers. Visit N.C. Forest Service and Henderson County Sheriff’s Office, Hendersonville North Carolina for up-to-date information.
It is important to have an emergency preparedness plan in place for your family and pets. Here’s a checklist to make sure you are prepared in case of an emergency:
- All of my pets have collars and identification.
- Vaccinations are up-to-date for my pets.
- My pets are microchipped.
- I have a “mutual aid” agreement with a neighbor to check on each other’s pets if one of us cannot get home during an emergency.
- I have a planned destination in case I have to evacuate my home with my pets.
- I have one week’s supply of food and water, supplies such as litter, and two weeks’ medications on hand for each pet.
- I have a carrier for each small pet and leashes for each dog.
- All of my pets can fit in my vehicle, or I have an alternate plan.
- I have a photo of each pet in case he or she becomes lost, and a photo of myself with each pet to prove ownership.
- I have copies of health records for each pet to take along if evacuating.
- My veterinarian has my written authorization for a person I have chosen who may seek medical care for my pets if I cannot.
For more emergency preparedness resources, click here.