Blue Ridge Humane Society Thrift Store Announces Reopening and Safety Procedures
The Blue Ridge Humane Society Thrift Store will reopen to the public on Friday, May 29th at 10:30am. New reduced hours for the Thrift Store are 10:30am-4:30pm, Tuesday-Saturday.
In preparation for the reopening staff and volunteers are implementing additional cleaning, sanitizing, scheduling, and social distancing practices as recommended by the CDC and current safety regulations. The number of customers allowed in the store will be limited to reduce the risk of exposure. Markers will be placed to designate 6ft spaced waiting areas for shoppers to enter the store or for waiting in line for check-out. Customers, as well as staff and volunteers, will be required to wear a mask while on Thrift Store premises and shopping and follow CDC recommendations.
Store merchandise donations will not be accepted at this point in the reopening process. Donations may be accepted again in the near future and a new donation drop-off procedure and quarantine for donated items will be in place.
All customers will be required to follow the procedures listed below:
- All staff, volunteers, and customers are required to wear a mask while on the Thrift Store premises and during shopping.
- Store hours are adjusted; keep an eye on the website and Facebook page for current hours.
- The number of customers allowed in the store is limited. Please expect a wait and be patient with other shoppers while waiting, and our staff and volunteers managing the entrance and exit.
- Practice social distancing while shopping or waiting in line. Markers will be placed for checkout and entry lines.
- Shields are installed at checkout locations for the safety of our customers, volunteers, and staff.
- Hand sanitizer stations are available for customers, volunteers, and staff at stations located at each door.
- Anyone exhibiting signs of illness is asked to stay home, including staff and volunteers.
- Follow CDC recommendations at all times:
- Three W’s–Wear a cloth mask, Wait 6’ apart and Wash your hands!
- Donations for resell at the Thrift Store are currently not accepted.
Blue Ridge Humane is excited to partially resume operation of the Thrift Store as it serves as a funding source for Blue Ridge Humane rescues, adoptions, community programs, and more. Donations to and shopping at the Thrift Store directly benefit animals in Henderson County.